General Diving Rules:
- No diver training shall be conducted within the Hart Springs Cave.
- No Diver Propulsion Vehicles (DPVs/Scooters) are permitted. (Exception provided for guides performing cave maintenance.)
- No solo diving is allowed; all divers shall enter and exit the cave together with the exception of in-water decompression.
- No collection of artifacts or fossils is permitted.
- All Guest Divers must complete the approved Hart Springs Waiver and Release of Liability, and the Statement of Understanding/ Acknowledgment of Rules and Responsibilities.
- All Guest Divers must be accompanied by an approved Active Guide on all dives that make sure of the Black Lagoon. A Guide is not required to enter/exit using Little Hart Spring.
- Guided Dive teams shall be limited to two Guest Divers and one Active Guide; provided that there may be an additional diver if that diver is experienced with the cave system.
- Guides shall assure that proper check-in/check-out procedures are adhered to and check necessary diver credentials. A Credentials Confirmation for the Guest Diver shall be completed by the Guide.
- Guides shall have the right to deny access to individuals or terminate dive activities as needed; Guides shall have final judgment and discretion. Guest Divers also have the right to terminate any dive at any time.
- Guides shall have an emergency procedures and contacts list.
- Guides shall make sure that all Guest Divers have left the Black Lagoon site area after diving activities are complete.
- The Park Manager/Ranger shall have authority over Guides; Exception shall be immediate safety issues within the cave.
- Divers must check in to park during regular park hours to begin diving or follow any other check-in procedures that may be established by Hart Springs Park Management.
- Divers will display appropriate activity tag or device on their vehicle during diving activities.
- The Guides Committee shall maintain a system for the reporting of any incidents in which diver safety may have been compromised or that violate procedures, and all incidents shall be reviewed by the Advisory Committee Board and Guides Committee, with action taken as and when appropriate.
Rebreather Diving Requirements:
- All Guides wishing to guide divers using rebreathers shall be certified rebreather Instructors.
- “Mixed Teams” of rebreather and open circuit divers are prohibited.
- Guest divers wishing to dive rebreathers in Hart Springs must have completed a minimum of 50 CCR cave dives in other systems before diving at Hart Springs.
- Experimental rebreathers are prohibited at Hart Springs.
- Bailout will be agreed upon by the team; the Guide will have the final say on the plan.
For Guest Diver and Guide Qualification Requirements Please Click Here